Dear friends of Holy Trinity Chico –
I hope this second week of Advent is a time of drawing close to the Lord as you prepare your heart daily to meet with our Savior! It was good to be with you again last Sunday. We miss those of you who are unable to meet in person due to health reasons. We continue to pray for your healing and for God’s comforting grace during the COVID season. If you haven’t yet seen Sunday’s service, you can watch it here, and you can access the notes and slides here.
This Sunday, we continue our Advent series by looking at the theme of “telling”: sharing the “good news of great joy that will be for all the people” which the angels announced (Lk 2:10). As always, please wear your mask in and out of the building and when walking in proximity to others. Let’s all be extra careful to follow the COVID safety precautions, given at the bottom of this email.
If you are unable to attend our in-person Sunday services, we will still be recording each week, so you can watch the recording later in the day. Email me and let me know if you want access to it, and Greg or I will send you the link after the service. It will also be posted on our website next Tuesday.
Just a reminder: our community group does not meet tonight but will resume next Tuesday, Dec 15 from 7-8pm.
Please continue to pray for those in our body who face health issues, losses, financial difficulties and other challenges. God answers our prayers. And please continue to pray for our country during this crazy post-election season. Ask the Lord bring “everything hidden in secret” to light, expose all wrongdoing, silence all lies, restore our faith in the election process, and put in office all whom he wants to be there.
May the joy of Advent surround you –
COVID safety precautions:
- If you’re experiencing any COVID symptoms, please stay home and safe.
- We provide leis available near the door for those who need to keep their distance from others.
- We will have an area on the south side of the room set aside for those needing some extra space.
- Please bring your mask and wear it when in close proximity others, including entering and exiting the building. We will also have extra masks available at the door.
- Chairs will be socially spaced, and are movable to accommodate any kind of family arrangement
- Wipes and sprays are available for surface cleanings throughout the building