Dear friends of Holy Trinity Chico –
I hope you are well this first week of Advent. It was good to celebrate last Sunday during this special season when we prepare our hearts for Christmas Day! I’m loving being together. For those wanting to re-watch the service or watch it for the first time, the recording can be found here, and you can access the notes and slides here.
This Sunday, we continue our Advent series by looking at the theme of “preparing”: preparing our hearts to make the most of Christmas, and preparing them to commune with the Lord everyday. Our text will be Matt 5:1-12, if you’d like to read it ahead of time. As always, please be extra careful to follow the COVID safety precautions, given at the bottom of this email.
For those of you unable to make our in-person Sunday services, we will be recording each week, so you can watch the recording later in the day. Email me and let me know if you want access to it, and Greg or I will send you the link after the service. It will also be posted on our website next Tuesday.
Our community group meets tonight, Dec 1 from 7-8pm. All are invited! We meet on Zoom for prayer, fellowship and bible study. The link for the Zoom meeting is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87449423015
Please continue to pray for those in our body who face health issues, losses, financial difficulties and other challenges. Your prayers mean so much and make a huge difference.
And please pray for our country during this tumultuous post-election season. Yikes, what a mess! Join me in asking that the Lord bring “everything hidden in secret” to light, expose all wrongdoing, silence all lies, restore our faith in the election process, and put in office all whom he wants to be there. Even more than voting, speaking out and making our voices heard, prayer is the most important way we can serve our country right now.
Advent blessings –
COVID safety precautions:
- If you’re experiencing any COVID symptoms, please stay home and safe
- We provide leis available near the door for those who need to keep their distance from others.
- We will have an area on the south side of the room set aside for those needing some extra space
- Please bring your mask and wear it when in close proximity others, including entering the building. We will also have extra masks available at the door
- Chairs will be socially spaced, and are movable to accommodate any kind of family arrangement
- Wipes and sprays will be available for surface cleanings throughout the building