Dear friends of Holy Trinity Chico –
I hope this finds you well and enjoying this Epiphany season. It was great to be together last Sunday as we talked began discussing the fascinating history of God’s revealing of himself to humanity, beginning with the creation and fall of the elohim. If you haven’t yet seen Sunday’s service, you can watch it here, and you can access the slides and notes here.
This Sunday will be Part 2 of this two-part Epiphany series. We’ll consider how, beginning shortly after disinheriting the nations after the Ziggurat of Babylon incident (Genesis 11), God set into motion a plan to redeem all those who want to be in relationship with him and, with them, all of creation! It’s an astonishing story of God’s undying, unquenchable love and his unparalleled wisdom.
If you are unable to attend our in-person Sunday services, please tune in at 9am using this Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/99123315621?pwd=SzU3VFFYenVYdy9ENUdvWGFRaU9jZz09
The passcode is: 0404. We will also record the service each week, so you can watch the recording after it is posted later in the week, typically Tuesday or Wednesday.
Our community group will meet as usual next Tuesday night, January 19, from 7-8pm. All are invited! We meet on Zoom for prayer, fellowship and bible study. The link for the Zoom meeting is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87449423015
Thank you for you continued prayers for one another. Let’s keep loving each other well and praying for those in our body who face health issues, losses, financial difficulties and other challenges. And please continue to pray for our nation in the wake of the violent and senseless protests at the Capitol building last Thursday and the equally abhorrent politization of this event by opportunists seeking to impeach the President, intimidate his Congressional supporters and silence all opposition voices through unlawful censorship. Pray for God’s mercy on us as a nation! A group of us have been meeting at the church building on Fridays at 12 noon for prayer. We’d love to have you join us if you are able.
Christ is our King!
COVID safety precautions:
- If you’re experiencing any COVID symptoms, please stay home and safe.
- We provide leis available near the door for those who need to keep their distance from others.
- We will have an area on the south side of the room set aside for those needing some extra space.
- Please bring your mask and wear it when in close proximity others, including entering and exiting the building. We will also have extra masks available at the door.
- Chairs will be socially spaced, and are movable to accommodate any kind of family arrangement
- Wipes and sprays are available for surface cleanings throughout the building