Dear friends of Holy Trinity Chico –
Well, last Sunday we took another fascinating look at the intriguing world of the unseen realm as it relates to the story of our salvation. I realize this information about the elohim, the Nephilim, God’s divine council and his disinheritance and repatriation of the nations is new to some of you. It certainly was to me, even after studying the bible and theology for a few decades! But it underscores that fact that our salvation is so much greater and multi-layered than we dared to imagine. And—more importantly—God is so much more vast and wonderful than we knew. If you didn’t make Sunday’s service, you can watch it here and can access the slides and notes here.
This Sunday, I want to take a look back on the last ten months together as a church family, then look ahead to 2021. What have we learned? What is the Lord teaching us? How do we prepare for the coming year?
If you are unable to attend our in-person Sunday services, please tune in at 9am using this Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/99123315621?pwd=SzU3VFFYenVYdy9ENUdvWGFRaU9jZz09
The passcode is: 0404. We will also record the service each week, so you can watch the recording after it is posted later in the week, typically Tuesday or Wednesday.
Are you able and willing to help minister to our wonderful families by helping out occasionally in kids church? If so please go to our website to sign up or click the link here. The kids are a delight, and Lynn always has great great activities planned.
With the presidential inauguration today, please take some extra time to pray for our country. And if you want to come to the church building Friday at 12 noon, several of us will be praying that the Lord has mercy on our nation. It’s hard not to be alarmed when we take stock of the acrimonious political climate coupled with the confused moral and spiritual state of society. Thank you also for you continued prayers for one another. Let’s keep loving each other well and praying for those in our body who face health issues, losses, financial difficulties and other challenges.
The Lord is and always will be the Elohim above all elohim!
COVID safety precautions:
- If you’re experiencing any COVID symptoms, please stay home and safe.
- We provide leis available near the door for those who need to keep their distance from others.
- We will have an area on the south side of the room set aside for those needing some extra space.
- Please bring your mask and wear it when in close proximity others, including entering and exiting the building. We will also have extra masks available at the door.
- Chairs will be socially spaced, and are movable to accommodate any kind of family arrangement
- Wipes and sprays are available for surface cleanings throughout the building