Dear friends of Holy Trinity Chico –
I hope you are enjoying the beautiful spring weather and this special season of Lent as we try to live a bit more intentionally while looking toward the events of Passion Week, when Jesus gave himself for those he loves.
This coming Sunday, we continue our look at Paul’s rich prayer of Eph 3:14-19, focusing on why he prayed for strength for the Ephesian believers to grasp and never let go of the fact that they were loved by God. It’s a temptation we all face: to define ourselves by what we do, what we have or what others think of us, rather than what God says about us and feels toward us.
If you are unable to attend our in-person Sunday services, please tune in at 9am using this Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/99123315621?pwd=SzU3VFFYenVYdy9ENUdvWGFRaU9jZz09
The passcode is: 0404. We will also record the service each week, so you can watch the recording after it is posted later in the week, typically Tuesday or Wednesday.
For those of you who missed last Sunday’s message, you can find the outline and slides of the message here.
If you are willing to occasionally help with our adorable kids in children’s church, we would be grateful and you would be blessed! Please sign up on the calendar on our website or by using this link https://holytrinitychico.org/volunteer_calendar/kids-church/. No special skills are required. Our director, Lynn does all the planning and heavy lifting, so you get to just love on them.
Thank you for your continued prayers for those in our body who face health issues, losses, financial difficulties and other challenges. Please pray especially for God’s grace and peace for our dear friends. And please continue to pray for our country as well as we continue to face such vast challenges. This Friday, we will again host a special prayer time for our nation, state and church at the church building, 12-1pm, for those of you able to come.
COVID safety precautions:
- If you’re experiencing any COVID symptoms, please stay home and safe.
- We provide leis available near the door for those who need to keep their distance from others.
- We will have an area on the south side of the room set aside for those needing some extra space.
- Please bring your mask and wear it when in close proximity others, including entering and exiting the building. We will also have extra masks available at the door.
- Chairs will be socially spaced, and are movable to accommodate any kind of family arrangement
- Wipes and sprays are available for surface cleanings throughout the building