Dear friends of Holy Trinity Chico –
Eastertide greetings in the name of the Risen One! I pray you are savoring his goodness each day.
Craig treated us this past Sunday to a vivid example of the apostolic preaching of the early Church as he unpacked for us Peter’s sermon on Pentecost. The Old Testament passages Peter quoted were all illustrative of how the earliest disciples—taught by the risen Jesus during his forty-day Eastertide appearances—came to understand his fulfillment of the prophesies made about him centuries before his birth. If you missed last Sunday’s message, you can access the recording here. Outline and slides can be found here.
This Sunday we continue our Eastertide emphasis by looking at how we all can learn to live “with God” more consistently during our daytime activities. If you are unable to attend the service in person, please tune in at 9am using this Zoom link.
The passcode is: 0404. We will also record the service, so you can watch the recording after it is posted next Tuesday or Wednesday.
Our community group meets next Tuesday night from 7-8pm. You are invited, even if you haven’t yet attended previously. It’s a great time to share and learn from God’s Word. We meet on Zoom for prayer, fellowship and bible study in John’s Gospel. Please use the following link for the Zoom meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82177078238
Just a quick reminder: if you haven’t yet signed up to help with our adorable kids in children’s church, would you please consider it? You need no special training. Lynn does all the hard work, but we need other loving adults to make sure our children are well cared for. You can sign up on the calendar on our website or by using this link. If each of us served just once every other month, we would have all the help we need. Thanks so much for considering this!
Thank you for your continued prayers for those in our body who face health issues, losses, financial difficulties and other challenges. Our Father hears every prayer and loves to answer them for the good of his people and the glory of his Son, Jesus.
Yours in his great love –
COVID safety precautions:
- If you’re experiencing any COVID symptoms, please stay home and safe.
- We provide leis available near the door for those who need to keep their distance from others.
- We will have an area on the south side of the room set aside for those needing some extra space.
- Please bring your mask and wear it when in close proximity others, including entering and exiting the building. We will also have extra masks available at the door.
- Chairs will be socially spaced, and are movable to accommodate any kind of family arrangement
- Wipes and sprays are available for surface cleanings throughout the building