Dear friends of Holy Trinity Chico –
Happy Ascension Day! I hope you take a few minutes today to reflect on the triumph of Jesus over the dark powers as he returns to his place in glory to reign as king and high priest. If you missed last Sunday when we talked about Ascension, you can check out the recording here. Outline and slides can be found here.
This Sunday, Craig will walk us though the time of waiting that the original disciples experienced as they waited for God to send the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. Waiting is a challenge for all of us yet is a significant part of the Christian life. If you are unable to attend the service in person, please tune in at 9am using this Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/99123315621?pwd=SzU3VFFYenVYdy9ENUdvWGFRaU9jZz09
The passcode is: 0404. We will also record the service, so you can watch the recording after it is posted next Tuesday or Wednesday.
If you are free on Fridays at noon, we’d love to have you join us for a time of prayer for our nation, state, city and church. Our agenda is simple: we cry out to God to expose evil, frustrate the plans of bad actors, raise up his church is strong, vocal faith and restore righteousness, integrity and love in our land. I hope you join us this Friday at the church building from 12-1pm. When the weather is nice, we circle our chairs on the church patio.
Want to give a hand with Kid’s Church? If so, we would deeply appreciate your help loving our precious kids. No special skills needed: Lynn does all the hard work. You get to simply love on the kids. You can sign up on the calendar on our website or by using this link.
Please continue to pray for those in our body who face health issues, losses, financial difficulties and other challenges. We have seen lots of answers to prayer, and it is a practical and concrete way for us to love each other.
Yours in the great Name of our ascended King!
COVID safety precautions:
- If you’re experiencing any COVID symptoms, please stay home and safe.
- We provide leis available near the door for those who need to keep their distance from others.
- We will have an area on the south side of the room set aside for those needing some extra space.
- Please bring your mask and wear it when in close proximity others, including entering and exiting the building. We will also have extra masks available at the door.
- Chairs will be socially spaced, and are movable to accommodate any kind of family arrangement
- Wipes and sprays are available for surface cleanings throughout the building