Dear friends of Holy Trinity Chico –
Please forgive me for getting this out so late this week! I had a few extra pastoral issues come up and am only now getting back to my normal weekly items. I hope the last several days have gone well for you.
Last Sunday, Craig taught from Eph 4:25-32, opening up this rich passage in which Paul lays out for us in detail how we live as new people in Christ. I so appreciate Craig’s ability to take a long, complex text, break it down into understandable parts and apply it in such relevant ways! If you missed last Sunday, you can play the recording here.
This Sunday, capitalizing on the Fourth of July holiday, I will take the opportunity to share a few principles from Scripture that should guide us as we deal engage in politics. How can we exercise our political rights in a way that is constructive and consistent with the values and priorities of God’s kingdom? Come and join the conversation! If you are unable to attend the service in person, please tune in at 9am using this Zoom link.
The passcode is: 0404. We will also record the service, so you can watch the recording after it is posted the following week.
Please be sure to stay for a few minutes after the service to enjoy some coffee, snacks and fellowship out on the lawn. It’s a great chance to make new friends and keep current on old relationships. Thanks once again to the Bishop family for making this fellowship time special.
We have lots of opportunities for you to grow, serve and connect!
- Nancy Calkins is leading a discussion group on Sunday mornings following the service based on Henry and Mel Blackaby’s book Experiencing the Spirit. All are invited. You can purchase the book here.
- Danielle Penne started a group for women last week week based on Priscilla Shirer’s DVD series on Elijah. The group meets on July 7, 14, 28, Aug 11, 25 and Sep 1. The study will run from 6:30-8pm (bring your own dinner and 6:30-7; DVD 7-7:35; discussion and prayer 7:40-8). A one-minute introduction to the series can be found here: Elijah Bible Study by Priscilla Shirer. The workbook is $17. Danielle has pre-purchased some workbooks, so email Danielle if you want one: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tom leads a group for anyone who would like to join on Tuesday nights from 7-8pm at the church building. It’s a great time to share, pray for each other and study God’s Word, currently John 11. We will also have Zoom setup for those unable to meet in person. Please use this link.
- We have a prayer group that meets on Fridays at noon to pray for our nation, state, city and church. We are asking the Lord to expose evil, frustrate the plans of bad actors, raise up his church is strong, vocal faith and restore righteousness, integrity and love in our land. Join us at the church building from 12-1pm.
- Finally, we would love to have your help in Kid’s Church! No special skills are needed: just a love for our kids. You can sign up by letting Lynn know or by using the calendar on our website. Here’s the link.
Thanks so much for your prayers for those in our body who face health issues, losses, financial difficulties and other challenges. God loves it when we seek his help for each other.
Yours in Christ –