Dear friends of Holy Trinity Chico –
Blessings to you this sixth week after Pentecost. As we go through the summer, I hope you all get an opportunity to take some time off, rest and enjoy God’s blessings of family and fun.
Last Sunday, July 4th, we celebrated Independence Day by considering a few principles from Scripture that inform how believers should engage in politics. How do we, without being partisan, make a positive contribution to our local, state and federal political realms in a way that promotes God’s kingdom? That’s what we explored. If you missed last Sunday, you can find the sermon outline and slides here and the recording here.
This Sunday, we get back to our look at Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. We will look at Eph 5:1-2, where we are told to imitate God, particularly in loving others, and given assurances that we can successfully do it because of our new nature in Christ. If you are unable to attend the service in person, please tune in at 9am using this Zoom link.
The passcode is: 0404. We will also record the service, so you can watch the recording after it is posted the following week.
Be sure to stay for a few minutes after the service to enjoy some coffee, snacks and fellowship out on the lawn! It’s a great chance to make new friends and keep current on old relationships. Thanks once again to the Bishop family for making this fellowship time special.
Take advantage of one of our many opportunities to grow and connect:
- Nancy Calkins is leading a discussion group on Sunday mornings following the service based on Henry and Mel Blackaby’s book Experiencing the Spirit. All are invited. You can purchase the book here.
- Danielle Penne leads a group for women based on Priscilla Shirer’s DVD series on Elijah. The group meets on July 7, 14, 28, Aug 11, 25 and Sep 1. The study runs from 6:30-8pm (bring your own dinner and 6:30-7; DVD 7-7:35; discussion and prayer 7:40-8). A one-minute introduction to the series can be found here: Elijah Bible Study by Priscilla Shirer. The workbook is $17. Danielle has pre-purchased some workbooks, so email Danielle if you want one: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tom leads a group for anyone who would like to join on Tuesday nights from 7-8pm at the church building. It’s a great time to share, pray for each other and study God’s Word, currently John 12. We will also have Zoom setup for those unable to meet in person. Please use the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82177078238
- We have a prayer group that meets on Fridays at noon to pray for our nation, state, city and church. We are asking the Lord to expose evil, frustrate the plans of bad actors, raise up his church is strong, vocal faith and restore righteousness, integrity and love in our land. Join us at the church building from 12-1pm.
- Finally, we would love to have your help in Kid’s Church! No special skills are needed: just a love for our kids. You can sign up by letting Lynn know or by using the calendar on our website. Here’s the link.
Thanks so much for your prayers for those in our body who face health issues, losses, financial difficulties and other challenges. God loves it when we seek his help for each other.
Yours in Christ –