Fourth Sunday of Epiphany – February 5, 2023
Holy Trinity Church – Tom Mount
A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah.
1 O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 My soul will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
6 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
9 They who seek my life will be destroyed;
they will go down to the depths of the earth.
10 They will be given over to the sword
and become food for jackals.
11 But the king will rejoice in God;
all who swear by God’s name will praise him,
while the mouths of liars will be silenced.
Some Scriptures to meditate on
- Song of Solomon
- The Gospels
- Psalms 23, 73, 103, 27:4, 34:8, 37:4, 16:11, 36.6-9, 42:1
- The Sacred Romance, Thomas Nelson, Brent Curtis & John Eldridge
- Desiring God, Multnomah Press, John Piper
- A Hunger for God, Crossway Books, John Piper
- Pleasures Evermore, Nav Press, Sam Storms
- The Singing God, Creation House, Sam Storms
- The Pursuit of God, Christian Publications, A.W. Tozer